Full job description OKL Engineering Inc. – is looking to hire skilled machinists to set up and operate Haas Mill’s, Haas Lathe’s, OD, ID, Surface Grinder, and/or Boring Mills. Responsibilities Ability to do own set-up, using fixtures and tools to run proven programs on manual or CNC Mills and Lathes. Maintains safe operations by adhering…
Leverage your CNC Machine and set-up experience towards a career where you will earn excellent pay in a low stress dayshift role, with weekends off! Come join a tight-knit team in a bright, clean facility, with state-of-the-art equipment, where you will have the opportunity to increase your skills and pay, while making parts that help feed and hydrate America! Due to growth, OKL Engineering, a leading innovative manufacturer in the metal packaging industry, is searching for CNC Machinist to join their team in the Cincinnati, Ohio area. If you are a CNC Machinist with set-up and G&M code experience, then OKL Engineering wants to hear from you! Experience with Haas Machines is a plus!
· Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials,
· specifications, orthographic drawings, reference of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
· Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
· Programs machine by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
· Sets up machine as appropriate to machine specifications; Runs 1st part; Proves-out; Runs production.
· Loads stock into position.
· Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces.
· Maintains specifications by observing operations pertaining to the specific machine; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
· Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
· Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
· Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
· Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
· Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.